The joys of experimentation and adventurousness guide our work in the artistic field. In order to strengthen the voice of artists in society, we support contemporary projects of all kinds.
We place a particular focus on projects that transcend borders. By this we mean projects that surmount the boundaries which divide individual artistic genres or separate art from other disciplines. On the other hand, we also support initiatives that question the relationship between audience and art in a new way, or that network and foster exchange among artistic agents.
Individual artists and non-profit organisations alike are eligible to apply. We support both established artists and young talent. With our Fleetstreet Residency, we also provide support specifically for young artists. In addition to regular funding, we also support major artistic projects with international appeal—we actively approach potential funding partners in this regard.
Deadlines and information for applications
Artists can apply for a maximum of 10,000 euros under the Rudolf Augstein Foundation’s regular art grant program.
There are two application submission periods per year. The next deadline for submissions is
- 1 July 2020
Here you can see the documents necessary for the application. There should be at least four months between the end of the submission period and the start of your project. You will be informed by e-mail as to whether your project will be funded, typically twelve weeks at the latest after the submission deadline. We will notify all applicants in writing of the funding decision.
Please note that different deadlines apply to applications for a Fleetstreet Residency.
Applications received will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Artistic quality
- Social relevance
- Originality and independence of the artistic approach
- Suitability of the chosen medium
What we do not support
- Cultural organisations in the context of institutional support
- Scholarships and awards
- Festivals (no global festival funding will be awarded)
- Guest performances (with individual exceptions for projects whose creation was funded by the Rudolf Augstein Foundation)
- Catalogues of exhibitions not funded by us
- Fees and travel expenses for participation in congresses, conferences and training programs
- Cultural education projects which do not take place in class and which are not intended to last at least one school year.
Deadlines and information for application
Applying for a residency is possible once per year.
The last application deadline was 30 September 2019. We will announce the next deadline early at this point. It is expected to be in autumn 2020.
Please apply directly to the Fleetstreet Theater. There you will also find all information about the application.